This moist pear and ginger cake blends the sweet, buttery texture of Frog Hollow Farm's Warren pears with the warm, mildly spicy undertone of ginger with a hint of cinnamon. Delicious bits of fresh fruit in every bite serve as a reminder of how good the Warren pear actually is! The cake arrives without any topping and is the perfect canvas for your imagination. We highly recommend pairing this cake with a ripe Warren pear for the best eating experience. It's also great as a tea-time snack and pairs beautifully with both tea and coffee.
Shipped chilled, this moist cake can be frozen for later use or thawed fully and served within roughly 12 hours after arrival.
This product is perishable and ships chilled. Thaw fully to room temperature before serving. The 6" cake serves 6-8 people, the 9" cake serves 8-12.
Chef Becky makes her Pear Ginger Cake in small batches weekly so they're always fresh. Shipments may be delayed until the following week based on availability. If you have any requirements for arrival dates, please let us know.
This cake only needs a light dusting of powdered sugar but if you'd liked to indulge, use this recipe for a luscious cream cheese frosting. We frost only the top of the cake but if you'd like to fill and frost the sides, double this recipe. Enjoy!
Cake flour, baking soda, organic butter, organic sugar, organic buttermilk eggs, organic pears, vanilla, salt, ginger.
Shipments may be delayed until the following week based on availability. If you have any requirements for arrival dates, please let us know.
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO and APO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
- Free local pick-up is only available to residents of Brentwood (Northern California) and neighboring towns who would like to pick-up from the farm in person. For more information, click here.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.