Thank you for your interest in working for Frog Hollow Farm, home of organically grown, tree-ripened fruits and garden vegetables. If we have any available job openings, they will be listed below. However, we are always interested in viewing resumes from exceptional candidates, which you can send to email@example.com.
Café Team Member (San Francisco, CA)
Frog Hollow Farm is seeking an outgoing, hardworking, reliable, food-loving individual to join the team at our cafe in the San Francisco Ferry Building. Frog Hollow Farm Cafe is an extension of our organic, regenerative Frog Hollow Farm in Brentwood, California. We highlight the Farm-to-Table process by focusing on our legendary fruits and garden vegetables in our seasonal sandwiches, pastries, and salads. In addition, we sell our line of delicious products, organic conserves, olive oil and freshly baked goods in our cafe. We rely on the expertise and friendliness of our staff to accomplish our vision of creating an environment that promotes eating seasonally and provides an educational experience around sustainability.
What you'll do:
- Counter responsibilities: deliver excellent customer service through good communication, positive attitude, and connecting with customers
- Use our point-of-sale system (POS) to complete transactions
- Food and beverage preparation duties: prep and slice ingredients, prepare and cook bakery items, prepare sandwiches to order, and prepare beverages by following established recipes
- Events and sampling: help to plan, set up and carry out events in the cafe such as cooking demos, art classes, product sampling, and film screenings
- Take initiative to educate yourself, café staff, and customers about Frog Hollow Farm products, and farm story
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of kitchen, prep, and sales areas
- Ensure the appearance of the shop reflects and supports the Frog Hollow Farm image and maintain product displays in retail areas
- Evening, weekend, and early morning work required
Who you are and experience you bring:
- Being able to thrive in a fast paced environment is essential
- Previous customer care experience is essential
- Previous experience preparing coffee beverages, using a POS system, preparing food is desirable
- Fluency in a second language, especially Spanish, is desirable
- Eager to learn about Frog Hollow products, values, and systems
- An interest in farming and sustainability
- You are searching for at least 1 year of employment and a nonseasonal opportunity
- Enthusiasm for creating a friendly environment for the general public, tenants and building users
- Must be 21 years of age
Compensation: Full-time employment that includes health benefits, employee meal benefits, employee discount, shared tips, and competitive payApplication: Please complete this form.
Farmers Market Team Member (Berkeley, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Danville, Palo Alto, Kensington, Brentwood)
Frog Hollow Farm is looking for outgoing, hardworking individuals to join the team at several of our Farmers Market locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Interacting with our Bay Area community at the markets is one of our most treasured ways to share our produce and an invaluable way for us to be involved in the local food movement.
Values: We value sustainable, regenerative, and ethical methods of growing and producing high-quality products that taste exceptional. We rely on the expertise and friendliness of our staff to educate and communicate the efforts behind our products to customers.
What you’ll do:
- Sales: Engage new and recurring customers through sampling, product education, and conversation.
- Customer service: Assist customers with purchases, answer questions, suggest produce uses.
- Create appealing displays and maintain displays and inventory throughout day.
- Understand the product: With over 50 varieties of fruit year round, it is imperative to learn and be able to describe flavor, texture, potential uses, etc. to customers
- Set up and break down Frog Hollow Farm stall
- Driving (if applicable)
- Working register (if applicable)
Who you are and experience you bring:
- Outgoing, engaging, welcoming, enthusiastic
- Passionate about regenerative agriculture, slow food, quality produce, cooking, Bay Area food movement.
- Energetic: Be able to maintain an upbeat attitude and efficient work-pace throughout a whole day on your feet.
- Reliable: Must be at designated markets consistently and timely.
- Creative: Be able to think of recipes and suggestions on the fly.
- Basic math skills
- Clean driving record of 5+ years (if applicable).
Compensation: Hourly, part-time, varies by position and location.
Timeline: The ideal candidate will be able to commit to 1 or more markets per week during the busy market season that lasts from May through December. However, candidates will be considered for part of that time as well. Longer term employment opportunities available.
Application: Please submit a Farmers Market Job Application. Expect application to take about 15 minutes.