Late Fall Clementine Salad
- 4 Clementines, skin removed with a knife and cut horizontally into slices, remove seeds with the tip of your paring knife
- 1 Avocado, de-seed and the flesh scooped using a small spoon to create un-uniformed shapes
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, calyx removed and peeled, cut into to eighths (16 pieces total)
- ¼ cup of triple yogurt
- Zest of 1 clementine, around 1 tbs.
- Frog Hollow 2018 Olio Nuovo to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon juice or white vinegar to taste
Heat a non-stick sauté pan on medium heat. Place the persimmons without any oil and allow the persimmons to cook until visible crust forms on the edges. Remove from pan and allow it to cool.
On a large serving plate, place a dollop of yogurt and arrange the ingredients. Dress and season to taste.
Sprinkle with zest and serve at once.