A simple go-to dish that is perfect for a kids’ snack, a light lunch, or for a family picnic. The nutty and savoriness cheddar cheese, the intense sweetness Warren pear and slight bitterness of the frisee, balance each other to create a delicious harmony in each bite.
Makes 2 sandwiches.
- 1 Warren Pear, with stem and seeds, removed, sliced thin
- 4 oz. Cave-aged, Irish cheddar cheese, sliced thin using a veggie peeler
- 1 Small bunch of frisee, separated, washed and dried
- 1 Quality baguette, cut in half horizontally, toasted lightly
- ¼ Cup quality mayonnaise
- Quality balsamic vinegar to taste
- Meyer lemon juice to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, place the mayonnaise and add a splash of balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste, mix well. On the bottom piece of the baguette, place the Warren pear slices on an overlapping layer. Drizzle with the dressing and season to taste. On the opposing side baguette, layer the cheese ribbons and place the frisee over the layered cheese and dress with olive oil and lemon juice. Season lightly and place with a top portion of the baguette to complete the sandwich. Cut the whole baguette sandwich in half and serve at once.