A perfect example of cooking seasonally and using what is abundant and good. Everything was sourced on the farm except for the seasonings, the dairy, and the vinegar.
- 1 Organic Mini Butternut Squash (Honeynut), skin removed, deseeded and cut 16 pieces
- 2 Organic Fuyu Persimmons, skin removed, deseeded and cut into 8 pieces
- ½ loose cup of baby arugula
- 10 pieces of mixed herbs (we used spearmint and basil)
- ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 4 Kumquats, deseeded and sliced thin
- 1 tbs. of cream
- 1 tbs. of buttermilk
- Olive oil to taste
- Champagne vinegar to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, place the cream, buttermilk, olive oil, vinegar and season to taste. Mix well. Place the rest of the ingredients on the plate as you like. Lightly season and dress. Serve at once.