Celebrate the season with these wonderful fall flavors and enjoy this perfect combination of pears & squash.
- 2 Organic Warren Pears, cut into quarters and cored
- 3 Medium-sized red onions, cut into blossom or 8 pieces
- 1 Medium-sized Organic Koginut Squash (Robins’)
- Enough olive oil to coat all the ingredients
- Quality honey to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fried sage leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat the entire whole Koginut squash with olive oil and bake the whole squash on parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet until the outside is nicely browned, and you can easily pierce all the way through with a knife or a fork. Allow the squash to cool.
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and scoop the flesh out with a spoon and set aside.
- Coat the pears and the onions with salt and pepper, and toss. Place a parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet and spread mixture in a single layer.
- Scatter thinly slice butter on the top and roast, turning pieces occasionally, until golden brown, about 40 - 50 minutes.
- On a large serving platter place roasted ingredients in layers.
- Season to taste. Dress in a drizzling of honey, olive, and lemon juice.
- Garnish with fried sage leaves. Serve at once.