Makes: 2 Toasts
- 2 Warren pears, sliced thin
- 1 small endive, sliced thin
- ¼ cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 12 leaves of whole Italian parsley
- 2 slices of peasant bread, sliced length wise
- 4 ounces of Comte cheese, grated
- 2 tbs. of quality butter
- Olive oil to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a hotel pan/cookie sheet with parchment.
- Spread butter onto both pieces of sliced bread and top with Comte cheese and place them on the parchment covered pan. Place the pan into the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, place the sliced pears, endive, chopped walnuts and parsley and dress with olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set the oven to boil and toast the two pieces of bread until the cheese have sufficiently browned.
- Allow the toast to cool for 5 minutes. Add the mixed ingredients on top of the toasted bread.
- Serve at once.