These homemade chocolate covered cherries are simple and made with only 4 ingredients, including fresh cherries. Make them ahead of time for a simple dessert, which will be the hit of any party this spring.
- 12oz of cherries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- Rinse and dry cherries.
- Add cream to a double boiler. If you don’t have one, fill a pot halfway with water, place cream in a stainless steel bowl, and rest it on top of the pot. Bring heat to medium-low and whisk the cream for about 3 minutes until it’s warm.
- Add chocolate chips and continue to whisk until the chocolate is completely melted with a thick smooth texture.
- Dip the cherries in the chocolate all the way up to the base of the stem and place them on a plate.
- Let the cherries cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle chocolate-covered cherries with sea salt. Serve and enjoy!
*If you have extra chocolate, you can dip other fruits in it, such as apricots, strawberries, raspberries etc. You can’t really go wrong!