Sold Out For The Season
Featured in Martha Stewart LIVING and on Oprah Winfrey's favorite holiday gifts list, the Warren pear is in a class of its own. It has a classic European texture — soft and juicy with a melting mouthful. The Warren pear is sweet to taste and avoids the typical grittiness found in most other pear varieties. Warrens are harvested in late August and are available until late December or early January.
The Warren is to our pears as the Cal Red is to our peaches and the Flavor King to our pluots. This is Frog Hollow Farm's signature pear and for good reason. It has a great origin story: this pear was discovered by Thomas Oscar Warren growing naturally outside a post office in Hattiesburg, MS. Once known as the Post Office pear, it's taken on its founder name and is a favorite of chefs. Too difficult to grow for most farmers to consider it's never caught on commercially but Farmer Al has never shied away from putting the time and effort into a fruit that tastes so good.
- 3lbs = Approx. 4-6 fruits
- 5lbs = Approx. 9-12 fruits
- 10lbs = Approx. 20-24 fruits
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.