Egg Sandwich with Frog Hollow Farm Kitchen Ketchup
This Egg Sandwich may be our favorite way to enjoy ketchup! Well, what's not to love about creamy, perfectly cooked eggs on a Kaiser roll with some sweet and tangy farm kitchen ketchup made with summer's finest vine-ripened tomatoes, right? This easy sandwich is perfect for breakfast or for a quick, convenient lunch/dinner idea. It has quickly become a farm favorite and we're excited to share the recipe with you!
Recipe & photography: Mario Hernandez, culinary coordinator, Frog Hollow Farm
- 2 pastured eggs, whip to desired consistency
- 2 slices of Raclette cheese or any melting cheese
- 1 tbs. of salted butter
- 1 Kaiser Roll
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Frog Hollow Farm Kitchen Ketchup
- In a medium-sized non-stick pan, place a ½ tbs. of the butter and cook at medium-low heat.
- After the butter melts and slightly bubbles, circulate the pan and spread the butter all around the surface.
- Place the mixed eggs in the pan and shake the pan aggressively, allowing the unset egg to move and mix around the pan.
- Move the pan off and on the heat (so not to brown) and allow the eggs to set to your liking (I like the inside to be slightly yolky).
- Carefully fold the eggs into a triangle and set aside on a plate.
- Clean the pan with a paper or kitchen towel.
- Place two pieces of cheese on the top portion of the Kaiser roll and place them (cheese side down) on the medium heated non-stick pan, allowing it to melt thoroughly and lightly brown, (around 3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place the remaining ½ tbs of butter in the pan and allow it to melt.
- Place the bottom half of the bun and allow it to slightly brown and heat through.