A farm to table Charoset for your Passover seder plate
Passover is just around the corner and Frog Hollow Farm has all of the ingredients to make a delicious farm to table Charoset. This dish is a reflection of the season with a combination of Pink Lady and Fuji Apples mixed with our dried nectarines and toasted almonds. It is dressed with a floral honey from Miss Bee Haven, Meyer Lemon, and Cinnamon. This is the perfect farm to table recipe to add to your seder plate. Chag Sameach! [SHOP INGREDIENTS]
1.5 lb Apples, diced
1 cup of minced dried fruit
1 ½ cups of walnuts, toasted and chopped
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
2 Tbsp Honey
Pinch of Salt
1. Re-hydrate dried fruit in hot water until they are semi soft.
2. Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry stainless steel sauté pan over medium-high heat. Move the pan around to prevent the nuts from burning. This should take no longer than 2 minutes (when you start to smell the aroma of toasted nuts they are done).
3. Add lemon juice to a mixing bowl.
4. Next, Peel the apples and dice them into bite size pieces.
5. Toss the apples with the lemon juice to help prevent them from oxidizing.
6. Drain the dried from the water and roughly chop into small bits.
7. Roughly chop the walnuts as well and add both the dried fruit and nuts to the apples.
8. Mix ingredients together.
9. Add a pinch of salt, then the cinnamon, and the honey.
10. Use a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients. Taste, and correct as needed.