Nectarines are not a hybrid fruit, they are peaches that lack the gene for fuzz! Every so often a nectarine can be spotted growing naturally on one of our peach trees. Though they're peaches in disguise, nectarines are regarded commercially as different fruits and the lack of fuzz can make for a very different eating experience. As with peaches, nectarines can be white or yellow, clingstone or freestone. On average, they're slightly smaller and sweeter than their cousins and their lack of fuzz can make their skins appear more reddish. The nectarine's deeper, sometimes almost purple coloration contributed to a mistaken belief that they are hybrids of peaches and plums. We grow seven yellow-fleshed varieties and two white-fleshed varieties that are typically harvested from early July to early September.
- 3lbs = Approx. 4-6 fruits
- 5lbs = Approx. 9-12 fruits
- 10lbs = Approx. 20-24 fruits
* Varieties are not guaranteed as we select the best of the harvest coming in daily
Shipments may be delayed until the following week based on availability. If you have any requirements for arrival dates, please let us know.
- Due to the nature of organic farming and the possibility of unforeseen challenges, pre-orders are subject to availability. You will be notified promptly if your order is unable to be fulfilled.
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.