How do you like your peaches? We made a rainbow salad with our famous peaches and a mix of ingredients from our garden's bounty.
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 peaches, cut into thin wedges
- 2 gypsy peppers, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of Frog Hollow Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt plus more for seasoning
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
Place the sliced jalapeno peppers into a stainless steel bowl. In a small saucepan bring ½ cup of water to a boil with the vinegar, sugar, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Once the sugar dissolves, pour the brine over the jalapenos and let stand for 15 minutes or until it becomes room temperature.
Place peaches, tomatoes, and the gypsy peppers in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt. Lightly coat the fruit and veggies with the jalapeno vinegar, adjusting the amount to desired taste. Then drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with fresh basil and a squeeze of lime. Eat immediately.