Frog Hollow Farm is celebrating National Peach Ice Cream Day with this beautiful recipe by Chef Anna Buss. Go on! Try it at home.
1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
2 egg yolks
1 1⁄4 cups sugar
1 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
1 pint ripe peaches
, chopped, with peel on
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
1. Combine peaches, 1⁄2 cup of sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, pour milk into a saucepan and gently simmer over medium heat.
3. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and 3/4 cup of the sugar in a mixing bowl. Lightly whisk 1/4 cup of the hot milk into egg mixture, then whisk egg mixture into remaining milk. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture is thick enough to coat back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
4. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl; stir in 1 1/4 cups heavy cream; refrigerate until cold.
5. Stir Peaches into cream base. Then pour into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions. Just before mixture is set, add peaches and then continue until completely set. (SERVES 6 – 8)
- Recipe submitted by Chef Anna Buss, Culinary Coordinator, Frog Hollow Farm