Nectarines are not a hybrid fruit, they are peaches that lack the gene for fuzz! Every so often a nectarine can be spotted growing naturally on one of our peach trees. Though they're peaches in disguise, nectarines are regarded commercially as different fruits and the lack of fuzz can make for a very different eating experience. As with peaches, nectarines can be white or yellow, cling-stone or freestone.
On average, they're slightly smaller and sweeter than their cousins and their lack of fuzz can make their skins appear more reddish. The nectarines deeper, sometimes almost purple coloration contributed to a mistaken belief that they are hybrids of peaches and plums. We grow two white-fleshed varieties (Jade & Emeraude) that are typically harvested from June through July.
NOW SHIPPING: JADE NECTARINES
- 3lbs = Approx. 4-6 nectarines
- 5lbs = Approx. 9-12 nectarines
- 10lbs = Approx. 20-24 nectarines
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.