This one’s for traditional marmalade lovers! Made from the thick aromatic skin of organic Bergamot oranges, this marmalade is perfumy and is more bitter than most other orange marmalades available in grocery stores. It has a strong, bold flavor that’s mildly sweet and tastes great with waffles, toast and Chef Becky’s favorite cream scones.
An accidental discovery in the citrus patch of our orchard in the winter of 2014 led to the development of this product. Farmer Al had planted a single Bergamot orange tree in the orchard nearly 15 years before it started to bear fruits. Many winters later, the fruits arrived and our kitchen team got busy with Chef Becky in developing the best, English-like marmalade in our very own farm kitchen.
Chef Becky says this marmalade reminds her of her time in England and the marmalade she had there every morning with her toast. Since we have only one Bergamot orange tree, this item has limited availability.
Organic Bergamot Orange, Water and Organic Sugar.
STORAGE & HANDLING
- Store in a cool dry place and refrigerate after opening. Proper fridge storage: Store perishables (basically anything without vinegar or spice) in the center of the fridge/main portion and NOT the door. The main portion of the fridge is a consistent temperature, which is the goal. The door changes temperature degrees, sometimes drastically, depending on how often the fridge is opened, how long it stays open, etc.
- Marmalades last closer to six months in the fridge with risk of crystal-izing (this doesn't mean they are bad, just difficult to use. Suggest putting the jar in the pot of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. This usually helps liquefy).
- If not using immediately, store in a cool, dry place for up to a year for maximum freshness unopened. The shelve life for marmalades is about 3 years.
Shipments may be delayed until the following week based on availability. If you have any requirements for arrival dates, please let us know.
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Friday for delivery within three to five business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
- Free local pick-up is only available to residents of Brentwood (Northern California) and neighboring towns who would like to pick-up from the farm in person. For more information, click here.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.