Chocolate Covered Citrus
1 lb citrus
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
¼ tsp of salt
1 tsp sugar
- Line a baking sheet or a large plate with parchment paper.
- Peel the citrus and separate into segments, set aside.
- Use a double boiler or place a stainless steel bowl over a pot filled a quarter of the way with water. Bring to Medium low heat.
- Add cream to the top section of the double boiler and whisk until cream is warm.
- Add chocolate chips, a little at a time and whisk them with the cream until the texture is smooth and velvety.
- Add sugar and salt to the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- While the chocolate is still warm, dip half of each citrus segment into the chocolate and set on parchment paper. Repeat this step for all of the segments.
- Place tangelos in refrigerator and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle with a coarse sea salt.