PRE-ORDER: EXPECTED TO SHIP SUMMER 2019!
The best pluot variety we grow! This dark-skinned pluot with red flesh is a customer favorite! It has an intense rich flavor combined with sweet, spicy tones that are reminiscent of our Santa Rosa plums. Their firm texture softens beautifully as the fruit continues to ripen!
They come off the tree right at the peak of our harvest along with some of our other best varieties like the O'Henry and the Cal Red. Flavor Kings are typically available early to mid-August.
Shown in the second photo here at about two to three weeks from harvest, the Flavor Kings will grow even larger and darken up beautifully by the time their sugars are fully developed.
Flavor King pluots were mentioned in the New York Times in 2017 in an article about Chez Panisse executive chef, founder, and owner Alice Waters' biography “Coming to My Senses: The Making of a Counterculture Cook.”
To read why a Flavor King pluot is often referred to as "Fruit Royalty," read: What Does Fruit Royalty Taste Like?
Shipments may be delayed until the following week based on availability. If you have any requirements for arrival dates, please let us know.
- Due to the nature of organic farming and the possibility of unforeseen challenges, pre-orders are subject to availability. You will be notified promptly if your order is unable to be fulfilled.
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
- Free local pick-up is only available to residents of Brentwood (Northern California) and neighboring towns who would like to pick-up from the farm in person. For more information, click here.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.