Work for Frog Hollow Farm
Thank you for your interest in working for Frog Hollow Farm, home of organically grown, tree-ripened fruits.
If we have any available job openings, they will be listed below. If you don't find anything on this page, it's probably because we aren't accepting applications at this time but feel free to send in your resume in an e-mail to info[@]froghollow[dot]com.
1. Customer Care/Delivery Fulfillment for CSA
(Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Company: Frog Hollow Farm is a certified organic family-owned farm in Brentwood (northern California). We grow and sell organic fruits, vegetables and products made from the crops we grow in Brentwood, California. Although the cornerstone of Frog Hollow’s business is tree ripened fruit (apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums, etc.) we have expanded into other crops including olives, citrus, pomegranates, tomatoes and other vegetables.
We sell direct to consumers via Certified Farmer’s Markets, in-house mail order and CSA program, a retail shop/café at Ferry Building Marketplace in San Francisco and wholesale to other specialty food retailers such as Whole Foods and independent grocers.
We are looking for a highly organized, detail oriented person to join our small CSA team as our Customer Care and Delivery Fulfillment Representative. Must be able to manage multiple tasks in a timely and organized manner, have an aptitude to work independently and as part of a team and communicate professionally with a diversity of people. This position also collaborates with various departments on a day-to-day basis, assisting with office and delivery operations and serving as a primary point of communication for our CSA members. The position requires an organized, detail-oriented individual who is quick to take on new assignments, troubleshoot and stay calm under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Familiarity with and or interest in organic agriculture is not necessary, but a plus!
This is a 30 hour per week position.
- Customer care
- E-mail support
- Phone support
- Manage CSA software system to ensure up to date product availability and stock as well as oversee customer accounts
- Maintain and generate systems to effectively manage customer and operational needs
- Work directly with the packing and loading crews to oversee and ensure the timely delivery of materials in order to fulfill deliveries for over 50 locations on a weekly basis
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement special campaigns and deliveries, on farm events and email lists.
- General office duties including (but not limited to): Company staff support, filing, spreadsheet creation and maintenance, etc.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal), with fluent command of grammar, spelling, and composition
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to prepare, anticipate, take initiative, and follow through on assignments
- Excellent team player with the ability to shift priorities, demonstrate flexibility, coordinate multiple projects, and meet various deadlines
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Upbeat, warm personality; "people person"
- Experience with MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel
Knowledge of QuickBooks
Familiarity with CRM systems
Experience with customer support software
*Not required, but would give applicant an advantage
2. Frog Hollow Farm Café (San Francisco) Team Member
Frog Hollow Farm is seeking an outgoing, hardworking individual to join the team at our cafe in the San Francisco ferry building. Frog Hollow Farm Cafe is an extension of Frog Hollow Farm in Brentwood California. Our products highlight the Farm-to-Table process, focusing on our legendary fruits and garden vegetables.
Values: We value sustainable methods of growing and producing high quality products that taste great. We rely on the expertise and friendliness of our staff to educate and communicate the efforts behind our products
Mission Statement: Frog Hollow Farm to Table Cafe is the face of Frog Hollow Farm; our premier example on the National Food Scene of who we are and what we produce. Therefore the mission of FHF Café Team is to provide a friendly, knowledgeable, gracious face of Frog Hollow Farm to the world.
Vision: Our vision is to create an environment that promotes eating seasonally as well as providing an educational experience around sustainability and how FHF lives by those principals.
Skills & Person Specification:
Compensation: Full-time employment, employee meal benefit, employee discount.
Timeline: The first 3 weeks will involve a part-time training period, transitioning to full time employment. 5 days/week, some weekend and evening work required.