Plum & Strawberry conserve is Becky's newest creation in the farm kitchen. It features our own tree-ripened organic plums cooked up with a partner farm's beautiful strawberries to make a delicious spreadable treat. This winning combination is naturally sweet with a mildly tart finish. The texture is more 'spreadable' compared to our plum blueberry, apricot and peach conserves but it is still a true blue Frog Hollow Farm conserve. Made with only 20% added sugar compared to 60% in traditional jams and jellies, we rely on our fruit to impart the flavor.
It's equally enjoyed by kids and adults with waffles, pancakes and with peanut butter on toast. But if you're looking for a Frog Hollow gastronomic delight, then spread some onto a fresh-baked cream scone and enjoy! Available in 8oz jars.
Organic Plums, Organic Strawberries, Organic Sugar, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) and Citric Acid.
STORAGE & HANDLING
- Store in a cool dry place and refrigerate after opening. Proper fridge storage: Store perishables (basically anything without vinegar or spice) in the center of the fridge/main portion and NOT the door. The main portion of the fridge is a consistent temperature, which is the goal. The door changes temperature degrees, sometimes drastically, depending on how often the fridge is opened, how long it stays open, etc.
- The conserves last about 3 months stored CORRECTLY in the fridge, with risk of slight mold (it is okay to scrape mold off and eat jam if there is no fermented/alcohol scent. This is natural since little preservative is added. White mold is non toxic. This is common for cheese, too)
- If not using immediately, store in a cool, dry place for up to a year for maximum freshness unopened. The shelve life for conserves is about 3 years.
Shipments may be delayed until the following week based on availability. If you have any requirements for arrival dates, please let us know.
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Friday for delivery within three to five business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
- Free local pick-up is only available to residents of Brentwood (Northern California) and neighboring towns who would like to pick-up from the farm in person. For more information, click here.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.