Locally grown sweet-tart Gravenstein apples are delicately spiced and sweetened in Chef Becky's version of the traditional all-American apple pie. This double crust pie features our Chef's signature light and flaky pie dough and arrives ready-to-bake at your convenience. So order in time for your next big celebration or get it now and save it in your freezer for when you want a warm, fresh-baked apple pie in the future! Freeze it and bake off following our step-by-step instructions included on the box.
Previously sold only at local California farmer's markets and in our cafe in San Francisco, this customer favorite dessert is now available to purchase online so you get to enjoy it in the comfort of your home anywhere in the country.
The Gravenstein apple is one of those fruits, like peaches that I associate with summer in California. Sweet-tart, with an old fashioned flavor, they are an excellent pie-apple. It is the first apple of the season and it is here and gone within a week or two. It is delicate and highly perishable so it doesn't store or ship well, which is why you rarely see them outside of Sebastopol, where it was first planted 1811 by Russian trappers. We often miss out on these during the hectic peach season but this year we've managed to pick them and are excited to be making apple pie! - Chef Becky
This pie is perishable and ships frozen.
Size: 9" Pie
Ingredients: *apples, *sugar, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, nutmeg, allspice, *flour, *butter, leaf lard (pork product), salt
* = organic
Chef Becky uses a combination of organic butter and 100% pasture raised leaf lard from Prather Ranch for her pie doughs. This combination makes for a light and flaky crust with a buttery taste that is sure to delight.
Shipments may be delayed until the following week based on availability. If you have any requirements for arrival dates, please let us know.
- This product is perishable and ships frozen. Keep frozen until baking.
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO and APO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
- Free local pick-up is only available to residents of Brentwood (Northern California) and neighboring towns who would like to pick-up from the farm in person. For more information, click here.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.