Cameo Apples are known for its dense flesh and creamy white to yellow in color with a crisp and juicy texture. The Cameo’s flavor is the perfect balance of sweet and tart with nuances of both honey and citrus.
What Are They? Cameo apples are covered in red stripes that develop just prior to the apple being ready for harvest. By picking the apples as soon as they develop this signature striping ensures their skin maintains the thin and delicate texture Cameo’s are known.
Origins/History: Cameo is a cultivar of apple, discovered by chance by the Caudle family in a Dryden, Washington orchard in 1987
Nutritional Value: Cameo apples are sodium and cholesterol free and rich in soluble fiber, which has been shown to promote a healthy cardiovascular system. They also contain a fair amount of potassium and vitamin C as well as some iron, vitamin A and calcium. A recent study of the newest apple varieties conducted at the University of Bonn revealed that Cameo apples contained the highest amount of antioxidants of all thirty-one apples studied.
How to cut/peel: Use a veggie peeler to remove the skin. Cut into quarter and remove the core.
Serving Suggestions: Eaten out of hand, in salads, baked, in desserts and savory applications.
- 3lbs = Approx. 4-6 Apples
- 5lbs = Approx. 9-12 Apples
- 10lbs = Approx. 20-24 Apples
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
- Free local pick-up is only available to residents of Brentwood (Northern California) and neighboring towns who would like to pick-up from the farm in person. For more information, click here.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.