Our scuffins are the latest sensation in 'hybrid' foods. Now you can try our three different flavors. So what is a scuffin? "(It) has a stout, sconelike dough formed in a muffin shape and a shot of fruit preserves in the center," writes New York Times blogger Julia Moskin about this pastry. Scuffins have a dense, crumbly texture with a generous dollop of our rich, fruity conserves at the center.
Scuffin Variety 6 pack will include:
- 2 Apricot Scuffins
- 2 Peach Scuffins
- 2 Nectarine Scuffins
Scuffin Variety 12 pack will include:
- 4 Apricot Scuffins
- 4 Peach Scuffins
- 4 Nectarine Scuffins
|Apricot||Organic flour, whole wheat flour, organic butter, organic eggs, wheat germ, organic flax meal, organic apricot conserve, organic sugar, cream, baking powder, sea salt.|
Organic flour, whole wheat flour, organic flax seed meal, organic butter, organic peach conserve, organic eggs, organic whole milk, cream, organic brown sugar, baking powder, sea salt, organic spices.
|Nectarine||Organic all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, organic flax meal, organic sugar, baking powder, sea salt, organic butter, eggs, organic whipping cream, organic nectarine conserve.|
STORAGE & HANDLING
The scuffins are delicious and come either ready-to-eat or frozen.
For the best eating experience, we recommend you to re-heat them immediately for 5-10 minutes at 350F. Re-heating times may vary for different appliances. But if you decide to save them for later we recommend to refrigerate immediately. Scuffins will be good up to a week in the refrigerator.
Keep frozen until baking. Place scuffins individually into a greased muffin tray. Brush the tops with cream, milk, or egg-wash. At 400°, bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow at least 15 minutes to cool before plating. Filings may leak during baking.
- With standard shipping, this item ships Monday through Wednesday for delivery within two to three business days.
- For more information on our Shipping Deadlines, visit: http://www.froghollow.com/pages/shipping-info
- Shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship C.O.D. and we do not require a signature for a package to be left unless requested.
- Free local pick-up is only available to residents of Brentwood (Northern California) and neighboring towns who would like to pick-up from the farm in person. For more information, click here.
Ordering multiples or corporate gifts? Give us a call at 888-779-4511 and we can help.