Pavlova with Frog Hollow Farm Stone Fruit
RECIPE & PHOTOGRAPHY: ANNA BUSS
4 egg whites
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
1 pint heavy cream
3 Tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar
2-3 lbs of sliced Frog Hollow Farm stone fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines)
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
For the meringue:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gradually add in the sugar,1 tablespoon at a time, beating until thick and glossy. Gently fold in almond extract, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Spoon mixture on to parchment paper. Working from the center, spread mixture toward the outside edge, building edge slightly, so there is a dip in the center.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
For the whipped cream:
- In a stand-mixer, beat heavy cream. Once the cream begins to thicken, add confectioners sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate for later.
- Slice fruit into thin wedges and combine with lemon juice
Building the Pavlova
- Once the meringue has cooled, remove the paper, and place meringue on a flat serving plate. Fill the center of the meringue with whipped cream, and top with slices of stone fruit.
RECIPE & PHOTOGRAPHY BY: ANNA BUSS