This soup can be served chilled or warm (use chives for garnish if serving cold)
- 6 apricots, de-seed and cut into quarter
- 3 medium sized carrots, skin shave and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of Frog Hollow Farm extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- Crème Fraiche for garnish
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add salt to taste and sweat the onion in the olive oil over low heat without letting it brown for 30 minutes.
- Add the carrots, salt to taste, and 1/2 cup water. Raise the heat slightly, cover the pot tightly and stew the carrots for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Then add another 4 cups water and the quarter apricots, bring to a low simmer and cook an additional 10 minutes uncovered. Allow the pan to cool for ten minutes.
- Working in batches, purée the soup in a blender to a very smooth, creamy consistency.
- Taste the soup and correct for seasoning.
- If serving warm, garnish with a dollop of Crème Fraiche and if serving cold, top with drops of olive oil and chopped chives.
Recipe submitted by Mario Hernandez of The Order of The Fat Tongue.