If you can’t find sorrel, feel free to use, cilantro, basil, tarragon, chives or mint. They all would work well in this dish.
- 4 Persian cucumbers, smashed under a towel (we used a small sauce pan)
- 10 Brooks cherries, with seeds removed and cut in to quarters
- 10 Rainier cherries, with seeds removed and cut in to quarters
- 4 Sorrel leaves, sliced thin
- 1 package of Halloumi (about 8 ounces), cut into cubes and fried in olive oil or butter until golden brown
- Frog Hollow Farm extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- Lemon zest to taste
- Honey to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, honey and season to taste.
- Place the cucumbers, cherries, the sautéed halloumi, and a chilled serve bowl or plate.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the ribbons of sorrel.
- *Cucumbers can take on a fairly good amount of salt. Be sure to taste your dish and correct for seasoning.
Recipe submitted by Mario Hernandez of The Order of The Fat Tongue.