- 1 bunch of small red beets, washed and trimmed
- 1 bunch of small golden beets, washed and trimmed
- 2 satsuma mandarins, hand peel, and slice in full moons
- 2 blood oranges, skin shaved and supreme, and reserve juice
- Olive oil to taste
- Vinegar to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 1/3 cup of pistachio, roughly chopped
MethodWrap beets in separate foil pouches and roast at 400 degrees F for about 1 hour or until tender. Let cool, then peel and slice into quarters.
Layer a large serving platter with beets, blood orange segments, sliced mandarins, shelled pistachios, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle with olive oil, reserved blood orange juice, a splash of white vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve at once.