This salad features all the beautiful colors, texture and flavors you can achieve when cooking within the winter season. Welcome to apple season!
- 1 Fuji apple, cored and sliced thin into half-moons
- 1 Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced thin into half-moons
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced thin into half-moons
- 1 small Savoy cabbage, cored and shaved thin
- 2 watermelon radish, shaved thin
- ½ cup of dates, chopped and pitted
- Parmigianino Reggiano, grated using a microplane or for large pieces, use a veggie peeler
- ¾ cup of quality mayonnaise
- Olive oil to taste
- Meyer lemon juice to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl, place the apples, cabbage, radishes, and dates. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix well with your hands or a rubber spatula. Dress with Meyer lemon juice, mayonnaise and olive oil to taste, again mix gently and well. Place in a large serving bowl and top with the shavings of Parmigiano cheese before serving.