- 2 mandarins peeled and sliced into full moons
- 1 pink grapefruit, zest, then peeled and sliced into full moons
- Olive oil to taste (around 2 tbsp.)
- Buttermilk to taste (around 3 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. minced chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 quarts. lightly packed fava greens and tender sprigs
- 12 fava blossoms.
In a large-sized mixing bowl, add the fava leaves, zest, chives, and citrus slices. Season and dress with olive oil, citrus, juice and buttermilk to taste. On a large serving platter, place the dressed salad and garnish it with fava blossoms.