This beautiful salad features seasonally ripe citrus like seasonally ripe Organic Blood Oranges and fava leaves from our vegetable garden. It's dressed with a pomegranate saba and buttermilk dressing.
- ½ avocado with the pit removed and scooped using a small spoon
- 1 mandarins, with skin peeled by hand
- 1 blood orange, with skin removed with a knife and segmented with a paring knife
- 6 leaves of fava leaves, (you can substitute with arugula, fennel or endives)
- ½ of a small shallot, slice thinly and macerated in Meyer lemon juice and salt
- 1 tbs. of cultured butter milk
- 1 tbs. of quality olive oil (Frog Hollow Farm)
- 1 tbs. of pomegranate saba
- Juice of a meyer lemon to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
On a large salad plate, place the avocado, mandarin, blood orange, fava leaves, and shallots.
Dress with butter milk, olive oil, saba and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Serve at once.