Passover is just around the corner and Frog Hollow Farm has all of the ingredients to make a delicious farm to table Charoset. This dish is a reflection of the season with a combination of Organic Apples mixed with our dried fruit and toasted nuts. It is dressed with a floral honey from Miss Bee Haven, Lemon and Cinnamon. This is the perfect farm to table recipe to add to your seder plate. Chag Sameach!
1.5 lb apples, diced
1 cup of minced dried fruit
1 ½ cups of nuts, toasted and chopped
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
2 Tbsp Honey
Pinch of Salt
1. Re-hydrate dried fruit in hot water until they are semi soft.
2. Meanwhile, toast the nuts in a dry stainless steel sauté pan over medium-high heat. Move the pan around to prevent the nuts from burning. This should take no longer than 2 minutes (when you start to smell the aroma of toasted nuts they are done).
3. Add lemon juice to a mixing bowl.
4. Next, Peel the apples and dice them into bite size pieces.
5. Toss the apples with the lemon juice to help prevent them from oxidizing.
6. Drain the dried fruit from the water and roughly chop into small bits.
7. Roughly chop the nuts as well and add both the dried fruit and nuts to the apples.
8. Mix ingredients together.
9. Add a pinch of salt, then the cinnamon, and the honey.
10. Use a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients. Taste, and adjust as needed.