This seasonal lemony tea has been our go-to throat soother throughout this cold season. Delicious even if you are not under the weather.
- Juice of 1/2 Meyer lemon, plus 2 small wedges for garnish
- A small nub of ginger, skin removed using a small spoon and sliced thinly (you can grate it using a micro plane grater for stronger ginger flavor)
- 8-12 ounces of boiled water, allow water cool for 1 -minute after coming to a boil
- Quality local honey to taste
- Steep the ingredients (minus the honey) in the teapot with a strainer.
- For a few minutes. Allow the flavors to bloom.
- Strain, then add honey to taste, stir and enjoy.
Makes up to 12 ounces.