Chocolate covered oranges is a favorite Christmas treat for many, and it's no surprise that the citrus season begins right in time for the holidays. Indulge your senses with this very simple dessert that showcases the flavors of the season paired with a salted dark chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Citrus
1 lb citrus
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
¼ tsp of salt
1 tsp sugar
- Line a baking sheet or a large plate with parchment paper.
- Peel the citrus and separate into segments, set aside.
- Use a double boiler or place a stainless steel bowl over a pot filled a quarter of the way with water. Bring to Medium low heat.
- Add cream to the top section of the double boiler and whisk until cream is warm.
- Add chocolate chips, a little at a time and whisk them with the cream until the texture is smooth and velvety.
- Add sugar and salt to the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- While the chocolate is still warm, dip half of each citrus segment into the chocolate and set on parchment paper. Repeat this step for all of the segments.
- Place tangelos in refrigerator and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle with a coarse sea salt.